Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pursuit of Happyness!!!

What does Happiness mean? According to the Wikipedia, Happiness is an emotion associated with feelings ranging from contentment and satisfaction to bliss and intense joy. In this fast paced world people want to be successful by going up to any extent and in this journey they lose the so called happiness. According to Albert Schweitzer:Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.” If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. Why do we need happiness? Well I need happiness so that I can remain peaceful, blissful and stay contented in life. What does happiness mean to me? Happiness to me means harmony and peace in life. Here’s what Amy Lowell has to say about happiness.

Happiness: We rarely feel it.
I would buy it, beg it, steal it,
Pay in coins of dripping blood
for this one transcendent good.

We are fortunate enough to get our desires fulfilled. Always be contented with what you have. Get rid of the negative thoughts and believe in yourself. Never underestimate your capabilities. At first I was really embarrassed to post my views on the blog, especially where thousands of people visit .I always had the fear that they would criticize me for what I have written, but now I no longer feel so. With each passing day, the amount of confidence with which I write gives me immense pleasure and happiness. I am fortunate enough to have a bunch of friends who inspire me to write. With so much good around I feel myself proud that there are people who want me to reach skies. And for those who have discouraged me let me tell u something. I have learned to let go things to remain happy.

One cannot borrow, steal, earn or own happiness. It is the experience of living every moment of life with grace, love, respect and gratitude. Don’t leave any room of doubt when you do things. Whenever I do something wrong, it always eats me up until I own up, so one of the best ways is to own up and viola you are happy again. Trust me guys this works. I try to find happiness in everything I do. I feel happy if I help someone, when I am with my family and loved ones, when I play with my doggie, when I get a good feedback from my bosses. Happiness can be summed up in two words: be self sufficient and contented. Never think that Life is too small. Just wake up and spread happiness around. One good deed will lead to many good deeds. “Smile everyday and keep worry at bay” is my mantra. Keep smiling in order to be happy and healthy. At the end I want to say that you need not go in pursuit of happiness. It lies within you. The day when you realize it, I am sure you will conquer the world. So stay happy always and spread happiness where ever you go.

1 comment:

Raphra said...

This was a good post - Made me rethink about myself